Your classes can connect to unique educational opportunities through your distance learning and video conferencing technology.
Students and teachers will see and hear the destination site and that site will see and hear you.
Each school district that is a full member of NWECS is credited $400 per school year for virtual field trips!
Program fees range from $0 to $250.
Virtual Field Trips
Programs are spotlighted and shared with our members monthly
throughout the school year. If you would like to be on that email
list, contact our coordinator. If there is a specific topic or subject
you are looking for, we will help find virtual field trips for you.
How to Schedule
1. Check your school district VFT credit balance. Follow the link, select your school district, and click on the VFT tab at the
bottom of the spreadsheet. It will prompt you to Sign Up to view our members only pages, if you haven’t already.
2. Select your virtual field trip from our monthly email flyers, search the options above, or find your own and ask if it qualifies.
3. Choose a few times and dates in case your first choice is not available.
4. Contact our virtual field trip coordinator: Brenda Rouzer, 715-788-7048, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Prepare your students for the program using related lessons (provided by some), or simply compile a list of questions
with your students so they are more likely to engage and participate during the event.
NWECS takes care of the rest! We confirm that your technology is compatible, schedule sessions, confirm charges,
billing, dates, time, programming information, and schedule a test connection with you prior to the event.
The Center for Interactive Learning &
Collaboration (CILC), one of our VFT providers,
also provides a Collaboration Space where
teachers can find colleagues and students from
across the globe to connect to and collaborate
with on educational projects using live, virtual
visits. You can choose to join a collaboration
posted by other teachers or post a collaboration
of your own that you want to make happen.
Once a collaboration is organized between
teachers, it takes place in the classroom via
video conferencing. It can be a one-time
meet-up or an ongoing project, meeting multiple
times a year. There is no cost for collaborations. If interested in joining or posting a collaboration, you will need to make a free CILC account. Please also give us notice if you would like support for your video conferencing connections.
If you are interested in advertising/setting up a classroom collaboration between any of our NWECS school districts, let us know. We can help make that happen.