VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS
Students in your district can connect to unique educational opportunities through your school’s distance learning classroom, mobile video conferencing cart, or Internet web conferencing app. Students and teachers will see and hear the destination site and that site will see and hear you. It’s the next best thing to being there! Programs are spotlighted and shared with our members monthly throughout the school year. If you would like to be on that email list, contact our coordinator. If there is a specific topic/subject matter you are looking for, we will research virtual field trips for you! There are many options for K-12.
How to schedule a VFT:
1. Select your virtual field trip from our monthly emails or popular
2. Choose a few times and dates in case your first choice isn't
3. Contact our virtual field trip coordinator:
4. NWECS takes care of the rest! We confirm that your technology is compatible, schedule sessions, confirm charges,
billing, dates, time, programming information, and schedule a test connection with you prior to the event.
5. Prepare your students for the program using related lessons provided by some, or simply compile a list of questions
with your students so they are more likely to engage and participate during the event.
Program fees can range from free to $250. Each NWECS Full Member school district is allotted $400 per year for virtual field trips!